This job offer is expired
Skylight is hiring its first full-time Android Developer. As our first Android Dev, you’ll learn and explore all the facets of the client-side experience that runs on all of our proprietary hardware. We deploy multiple APKs to tens of thousands of devices, so you’ll have exposure to both traditional Android application development and to mission critical mobile device management infrastructure. You can expect lots of mentorship and coaching from our CEO and CTO, both of whom have deep experience in Technology products.
Here are four Android applications into which you’ll dive deep:
- A photo slideshow app used by 10s of thousands of families every day
- A calendar app that brings the physical family calendar into the 21st century
- A heartbeat APK, written in Kotlin, that operates in the background, reports on device metrics, and manages OTA software updates
- A React Native app, deployed to both app stores, for remote device management
Each component presents a unique opportunity to experiment, learn, and improve!
To be a great candidate for this job, you must:
- Love coding!
- Communicate with empathy and patience
- Have 4+ years of Android experience
- Appreciate both the purist’s and the pragmatist’s perspective
- Be a fast and motivated experiential learner
- Be highly analytical and data-driven
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you make (most of) the rules
- A background in MDM
- Experience with Android Firmware Dev
- Entrepreneurial experience
- A background in analytics
Benefits of the role include:
- Tremendous autonomy to set the pace and direction of your work
- Competitive compensation, based on experience
- Flexible hours, with ability to work remotely 1-2 days per week if desired