This job offer is expired
At NAB, it's all about our people reaching their full potential.
The goal of the Mobile Service is to design, develop and maintain the NAB suite of #nabmobile and #microservices applications, including our flagship NAB Mobile Internet Banking and NAB Connect Mobile apps.
The successful candidate will be working closely with Solution Designers, Product Owners, UX Designers, Software Engineers and Engineering Managers within an Agile delivery environment to create secure, maintainable and robust digital experiences.
Your new role awaits
As an Android Engineer, you will have experience across the full software delivery lifecycle, working with Agile software development and management methods in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced across the full software delivery life cycle (planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance)
- Knowledgeable of agile software development and management methods and ability to excel within a fast-paced environment
- Coming from a solid technical background as an engineer within Android mobile development (Java, Kotlin)
- Experienced with architectural patterns – MVVM and MVP
- Experienced working as an engineer within one or more backend technologies, RESTful JSON APIs and microservices
- Experienced in working with diverse teams from development, testing, security, architecture, infrastructure to business and management
- Experienced in build management tools including continuous integration and delivery practices and tools (Gradle, Jenkins)
- Experience with continuous test automation tooling (Perfecto, Applitools)
- Software design and delivery with UX and accessibility front of mind
- Experience with latest development methodologies and tooling
- Development experience using common IDE and source systems ( Android Studio, Git)
- Writing unit and functional automation tests (Junit, Roboelectric, Espresso, Specta/Expecta)
- Release and configuration management practices including parallel development (tagging/branching strategies), managing multiple versions and third party library dependency management
- Experience with repository artifact management (Artifactory)
- Knowledge of code quality analysis tools (coverage, duplication, complexity, dependency analysis and standards)
Your new team:
As part of the wider Technology team located at 700 Bourke Street, you will play an important role in making sure that our Mobile functionality is at its finest. You will be joining a collaborative, fast paced and agile team that is passionate about creating a fantastic digital experience.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are the bank that backs the bold who move Australia forward.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.