Android Native Mobile App Developer
DevelopmentNow is an award-winning creative digital development agency. Be part of a growing company where your contributions and ideas matter. Our environment fuels innovation, experimentation, and collaboration. We are a tight-knit team of technologists who are committed to work/life balance. We are currently seeking an Android app developer to join our team for a 4 month contract through the end of 2019 with the possibility for extension.
We focus on using Agile methodologies, industry best practices, and innovative solutions to deliver tangible value to businesses and organizations via new technology and reliable processes. DevelopmentNow has provided digital solutions for a variety of companies, including startups, agency partners, and enterprise Fortune 500 firms. Some of our recent clients include Nike, adidas, Kelly Services, Nautilus, Microsoft, BBDO, AT&T, Ogilvy, Manheim, Avery Dennison, and Time Warner Cable. We're looking for a self-directed, driven, detail-oriented Android Developer to help us deliver top notch apps to industry-leading companies.
- At least 2 years of in-depth, recent Android mobile app development using the Android SDK. NOTE: Phonegap/Cordova, Titanium, or other technologies are not an acceptable substitute for native SDK experience.
- Bonus points for experience in RxJava, BLE, IoT, Kotlin, embedded Android.
- Available to work onsite at our downtown Portland office 30-40 hours a week.
- Able to deliver results on time, and take responsibility for a project's successful outcome.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and positive mental attitude.
- Experience collaborating with senior developers, project managers, and designers in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Professional, open-minded, and team-oriented personality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with and connecting to APIs and other back end systems.
- Great at technical problem-solving.
- Experience with git and source control branching, and familiarity with online project management/issue tracking tools.
- Able to provide realistic estimates and meet timelines.
- Familiarity with Scrum and agile project methodologies.
The job responsibilities for the Android Developer include:
- Designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Working with outside datasources, SDKs, and APIs.
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
The position is a contract position, 30-40 hours per week. This position requires you to work with us in our Portland office, so local candidates only. Please, no recruiters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workforce. We work with community organizations like Epicodus and Girl Develop It to encourage the next generation of Portland technologists.
Thank you for your interest!Apply now