Mobile Applications Developer
This job offer is expired
UC San Diego Health
Mobile Applications Developer
Filing Deadline: Thu 9/19/2019, thereafter Open Until Filled
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Under the general supervision of the Web Services Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the MyUCSDHealth mobile app, for UC San Diego Health. Incumbent will have strong mobile app development experience, either iOS or Android, as well as a background in web development. Incumbent will ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications, design and build advanced applications for the iOS and/or Android platforms and support integration with ancillary systems as required. The programmer will support applications that can integrate with web sites and/or link to external data sources via XML or UCSD data warehouse feeds as needed.
With minimal direction from the Web Services Manager, incumbent will take requests that come in to the Internet Services department, and be able to see them from conception through completion. Incumbent will also assist in maintaining current systems, managing upgrades/releases, monitoring system availability and performance and help perform upgrades when needed. Incumbent will be part of our on-call rotation, which provides 7/24 problem management and resolution for all supported web applications.
• A Bachelor's Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
• A minimum three (3+) or more years of relevant experience i.e. mobile application development – using Xamarin or native iOS and/or Android.
• Professional experience, and proven success, providing applications programming support and management in a large scale organization.
• Experience planning, designing, developing, modifying, debugging, deploying and evaluating complex software for functional areas.
• Experience analyzing existing software or works to formulate logic for new complex systems and devise complex algorithms.
• Demonstrated experience performing complex data analysis and test/debug complex software.
• Demonstrated experience analyzing design and use of complex data sources.
• Demonstrated understanding of moderately complex programming security practices.
• Proficient in C# and VB.Net with a good knowledge of their ecosystems.
• Strong development knowledge and understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above.
• Familiarity with Software Change, Configuration Management, and Build Processes in a complex environment.
• Demonstrated familiarity with the ASP.Net Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework.
• Strong programming background using Transact-SQL.
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
• Understanding of Active Directory security concepts as it applies to IIS and other application development principles.
• Demonstrated understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application.
• Web application development experience.
• Advanced Degree in a related technical discipline.
• Experience in a large, complex healthcare environment.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification.
• Demonstrated programming background for Mac and iOS.
• Strong development experience for iOS or Android devices.
• Strong programming background using PHP and MySQL.
• Experience developing applications for SharePoint 2010, 2013, and/or 2016.
• Experience developing data marts and data warehouses.
• Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
• Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html