Android Senior Engineer - Mature Engagement (Spaces Team)
This job offer is expired
N26 would like to speak to talented Senior Android Engineers to join our Activity Segment in the Mature Engagement Group. This group looks after Spaces - allowing our customers to create sub-accounts for all their goals and keep them all together under one login. It allows our customers to save more easily and take more control over their spending. All in their own way.
You will be the perfect fit if:
- You strive to build Android applications that can be summarized as RSA - Responsive, Slick and Attractive. You also understand why RSA is important for a Mobile Bank from a cryptographic point of view.
- Code quality tingles your senses - you can see, feel and smell the difference between good and bad architecture.
- You engage in proactive software development but still understand Reactive programming paradigms.
- You'd rather take a Dagger to your heart than have flaky code sitting around for a long time.
- Test cases are the first things you think of before building a feature and the last things you check before pushing your code.
Once here you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams, understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just being a solitary piece
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Ask "Why?" and be prepared to be asked "What do you think about it?"
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team as well as beyond
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies
What you bring along:
- Thorough experience with the Android Open Source Platform and Material Design principles
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Reactive programming - RxJava/RxAndroid/RxKotlin
- Able to build software with a focus on testability - Test/Behavior Driven Development, Dependency Injection
- Experience with Model-View-ViewModel architectural patterns
- Active participant/speaker at meet-ups and conferences in the Android community
What we offer:
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.