Android Platform Engineer
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
Your main tasks will be:
- Gather technical requirements and translate them into clear module specifications
- Integrate the software components in a wide range of TomTom products
- Collaborate with our platform development teams in creating high quality products
- Develop and contribute to the long-term technical goals and strategies of our department
- Follow our agile development process and take an active role in our teamwork
- Design, develop and test different components
- Investigate issues via tests, experiments, trials, etc to identify root causes of issues, calling on expertise and resource within and outside the company as required.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science;
- Experience of Android platform development
- Minimum of 3-5 years, preferably 5+ years C, C++ and Java experience, preferably in a complex multi-threaded environment;
- Experience with programming within the Android platform and connectivity stacks;
- Familiar with data communication protocol standards like Bluetooth, Wifi, 2G, 3G, TCP/IP, NFC, USB
- Familiar with certification processes for Bluetooth, modems;
- Experience with test driven development;
- Experience with GIT/Gerrit;
- Team Player with good communication skills;
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a highly changing, fast moving environment
- Experience with working in Agile Scrum/Kanban teams
Meet your team
We’re TomTom Consumer. On our team, you’ll bring smart, safe driving to millions of people around the world. We’re going beyond navigation technology to build a full-service community platform that addresses consumers’ needs every step of the way, whether they want to optimize their commute to work, get inspired by delightful landscapes, or make sure they arrive on time to that long-anticipated friends’ reunion. This is your chance to play a role in building the world’s largest driving community, while bringing a more enjoyable on-road experience to all drivers.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?