Lead Software Engineer, Mobile
Because good design is essential on the mobile platform, we are looking for a product-aware engineer who appreciates good user experience. You’re not only rock-solid technically, but also have a flair for apps which are a joy to use.
Our portfolio currently consists of 4 consumer facing apps and we plan to release several more. To keep this manageable you, together with your team, will architect and build a framework to underpin all our apps from scratch.
As the technical lead you will guide the team on architectural decisions, make sure we don’t accumulate technical debt and that our codebase is easy to maintain.
- Build a framework to underpin all our apps on all supported platforms (iOS, Android) from scratch
- Take architectural decisions to make our apps stable, as well as easy to maintain and extend
- Work closely together with our designers and our backend engineering team
- Take full ownership of building, releasing and maintaining our existing as well as new apps on iOS and Android
- Build up the test and release infrastructure for our portfolio of apps
- Minimum of three years of experience developing iOS or Android apps (Your main platform)
- Experience developing apps for the other platform (iOS or Android)
- A sense for world class mobile products and love of great engineering
- Ability to tackle problems outside your comfort zone and get things done without supervision
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Shipped successful iOS or Android app(s), ideally still available in the App Store or Play Store
- Experience with Swift or Kotlin
- Experience running a test and release infrastructure for iOS and Android apps
- Generalist engineering skills (web, backend, or sysadmin)
- Basic knowledge of German