This job offer is expired
Dyson have recently embarked on a range of Internet connected products including our 360 Eye™ robot vacuum cleaner and Pure Cool Link™ purifier. Our mobile app, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices. We are passionate about ensuring our app matches the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s engineering team.
We are looking for an Android Developer to join the team building this app which controls millions of machines.
You will be an experienced Android developer, with a passion for Computer Science – including algorithms, design patterns, and software development best-practices. You will have been working in a team delivering software using an agile methodology such as SCRUM, and you will understand how to write quality, unit-tested code.
- Developing features for Dyson Link, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Work with wider teams TPOs, Scrum Masters, testers, cloud developers, UX/UI designers and electronic/embedded engineer
- Work alongside and help mentor other members of the team
- Identify new technologies and tools to help continually improve standards
- Android mobile development (with some exposure to Kotlin)
- Good familiarity with design patterns, including the MVP and MVVM architectures
- Experience of unit testing and an understanding of its importance
- Good knowledge of Gradle and experience with continuous Integration systems
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: RxJava, BLE, ConstraintLayout, Dagger, Data Binding
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Central Bristol location
- Performance related bonus
- Continued development and learning
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines