This job offer is expired
Do you have proven Android app development credentials to match your passion for creating world-class products? trivago is determined to ensure their global hotel search platform gives users a mobile experience that is unrivaled!
Our current Android team consists of seven developers. We work with a modern codebase entirely written in Kotlin using MVVM and applying the Clean Architecture concept. We enjoy writing unit and integration tests so that every layer of our architecture has good test coverage. Our Continuous Integration pipeline runs on CircleCI and is integrated with SonarCloud to monitor our code quality. We love to experiment with new ideas and share knowledge through regular pair programming, weekly guild meetings as well as lunch and learning sessions. If all that sounds exciting to you, we're looking forward to hearing which initiatives you'll bring to the team!
We believe in achieving innovation through constant experimentation and we're seeking an experienced software engineer with the passion and expertise to help push us to greater heights. If you think you can drive trivago's Android app to the next level, apply today!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Develop trivago's Android app by working cross-functionally and using the latest technologies.
- Use your expert knowledge to bring fresh new ideas to the table.
- Analyse feature requests and then plan & implement them test-driven.
- Working effectively with a mature code base you will debug and break down big architectural problems.
- Exchange ideas, share your knowledge with the rest of the team and participate in pair programming.
What you'll definitely need:
- Burning love for the Android and Google ecosystems. You enjoy fancy apps and can't wait to install every new developer preview.
- 2-3 years' experience in native Android app development.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a similar field.
- Knowledge of design patterns and software architectures
- Experience in dealing with the Android SDK, Kotlin, Dependency Injection (e.g. Dagger), Android Architecture Components
- Familiarity with TDD, Reactive Programming and Continuous Integration.
- To be an excellent team player who believes great teamwork is at the heart of all great products.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we'd love you to have:
- Code references that you can share with us.
- Challenging attitude to always find beautiful solutions for requirements specific to the Android platform.
- A genuine interest in agile development processes.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/