Software Engineer - Mobile
This job offer is expired
PD is looking for skilled mobile engineers to help deliver tech-forward tools to building owners, operators, and tenants. These engineers will oversee the day-to-day development of our new mobile product ventures that seek to enhance the overall building tenant experience and help optimize building operations.
We expect our engineers to have a passion for good engineering practices, beautiful code, and getting things done. Just as importantly, we are looking for people who share our vision of reducing the environmental impact of the built space on a global scale.
- Write code as a key contributor to our mobile products (both iOS and Android).
- Help improve and maintain our code quality through tests and code audits/reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas for our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Work with Product/Customer Success to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate findings into effective technical solutions.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices and new technologies.
- Provide support to team members and participate in an ongoing knowledge exchange so that everyone learns from each other.
- Take lead on new features/initiatives as needed.
- Diagnose technical problems and resolve quickly and cleanly.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years production-level mobile app development experience.
- In-depth understanding of iOS and/or Android app development (if only experienced with one platform, must be willing to learn the other).
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, or Java.
- Ability to understand and use Node.JS.
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) React Native.
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Excels independently and in a team environment.
- Solid software design knowledge – you should know how to create extensible, reusable software that meets desired architectural objectives.
- Willing to learn and incorporate new technologies.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to translate visual designs accurately while knowing when and where to compromise to maintain code quality.
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree in computer programming/science or equivalent work experience.