Android Developer (Omvana Meditation App)
This job offer is expired
Be part of the team that is expanding the #1 Meditation App in Over 30 Countries with over 1.5M Downloads while working in an international team of 55+ countries and making an impact on the world through great tech products. All, while enjoying the amazing lifestyle that only South East Asia can provide you.
About the Role
Omvana is Mindvalley’s baby, first created in 2013. It became the World’s #1 Meditation App in Over 30 Countries with over 1.5M downloads. It is a project born out of a crazy idea, allowing people to mix their meditations with different sounds as a fun and engaging way to retain people on one of the world’s most ancient, healthy and effective mindfulness practices.
That crazy idea was nurtured and it soon became worthy of the attention of the most remarkable publications out there, from College Articles to renomated newspapers such as The New York Timesand The Guardian, reaching big names on the health field like Healthline and resulting in more than 29,000 mentions through the internet. But more than our numbers, we are proud of the positive impact Omvana has caused on hundreds of thousands of lives, and now, we intend to expand this project and reach the hundreds of millions.
And we are looking for smart people, like you, to help us achieve this goal.
Being one of our developers, you'll have an opportunity to learn and grow your technical as well as personal skills. The ability to write performant and clean code with great attention to detail is essential, but you will be part of something bigger than building features. We hope you are interested because we want you to:
- Participate in the product creation working closely with UX designers and Product Managers;
- Ensure performance, quality and responsiveness;
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs;
- Be open to learn and share knowledge with the team;
- Contribute. From code architecture to product features to visual designs;
You are more than just a developer, someone who understands that a great app must do great things yet is simple and intuitive. You are pixel-perfect, knowing that a pixel to the right is not merely a pixel to the right. You understand that an organised code with the well-applied design patterns will make a difference. You are fascinated about technology and eager to learn everything you can, applying the coolest and most amazing techniques there are. You add a "magic touch" that will dazzle your users.
- Java, Android framework, Gradle
- Kotlin is strongly preferred
- Experience with clean architecture and MVVM
- Experience with Dependency Injections
- Experience with Rx
- Writing Unit Test Cases is a must
- Team player attitude
- Good communication skills
- In addition to having excellent technical skills, you have a keen interest in the latest technologies and have a feel for user experience
- Practical understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery
Have you worked on any Android app? Include your portfolio in your resume!
On the personal side
- Interested in personal development, meditation, health & fitness or related topics
- Great logic and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- You feel comfortable (and enjoy) working outside your comfort zone
- Be a team player, willing to do whatever is necessary to deliver a great product
This position requires you to be initially, physically located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and remote working is possible but limited and according to the team’s needs. We want you close because what we want and offer is the understanding of the big picture where you can see how what you are developing impact the metrics and the business.