Pr. SW Mobile App Engineer
This job offer is expired
Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic is a world leader in providing health care products that benefit individual’s well-being. Our organization contributes directly to this mission; we deliver Mobile App software for Medtronic’s connected insulin pumps and glucose sensors. The Medtronic Diabetes Mobile App software development team writes the iOS and Android Apps which connect to our devices to enable our patients to ease the burden of diabetes on their day to day life. We are looking for Android and iOS developers who can help us continue to make our products more connected and responsive to patient’s needs.
A Day in the Life
As a Pr. Mobile App Software Engineer, you will work under the guidance of an engineering manager and collaborate with the system architects to develop and test Mobile Apps. Responsibilities include developing, testing, and maintaining the software for either Android or iOS Apps. You will apply knowledge of software design and V&V methods to develop and test safety critical, fault tolerant apps.
Key Technical Competencies:
• You are familiar with software engineering best practices for either iOS or Android Mobile software development.
• You can interpret, understand, and provide feedback on software requirements for a project. This includes performing requirement analysis to determine completeness and compliance with software system. You can work with requirement management tools.
• You can write and execute unit tests for mobile apps and components.
Key Leadership Competencies:
• You enjoy coaching others on software development and can provide constructive feedback to improve other’s implementations and designs.
• You are willing and able to learn a new technology on your own but know when to seek out help from senior engineers.
• You can identify the root cause of complex problems and solve them by determining the most appropriate fix.
• You hold yourself accountable deliver on commitments.
• You have a desire to help improve patient’s lives and will hold yourself accountable to the rigors of developing software for medical devices.
• You demonstrate accountability for your decisions and can articulate rationale without being defensive. You view mistakes as learning opportunity and supports an environment of continuous improvement.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering/Sciences field • 7+ years experience of designing and developing mobile applications, 4+ years experience of designing and developing mobile applications and Master’s Degree
Nice to Have
• Strong debugging and problem-solving skills. • Database experience on mobile devices. • Good understanding of Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE protocols and standards. • Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. • Experience translating product requirements into design specifications. • Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code.