Mobile Apps Developer
SpanishDict is on a mission to bring free, high-quality reference and educational products to every Spanish-English learner in the world. We’ve built the Internet’s most comprehensive database of Spanish-English translations and conjugations, and combined it with fun, interactive practice activities to help people learn vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, and conversational skills. Every year, more than 100 million people improve their Spanish or English on SpanishDict, making it the world’s largest Spanish-English learning website. We are looking for an Android engineer to play a lead role in developing the next generation of our native iOS and Android applications.
What types of projects do we work on?
- We developed 5-star iOS and Android applications used and loved by millions of users. Check out the reviews!
- We released a Vocabulary feature, helping accelerate the personalized learning revolution.
- We have added features to increase user engagement, including on-boarding and push notifications.
- We optimized hundreds of millions of ad impressions to grow our revenue every year, while maintaining an outstanding user experience
What will you be doing?
- Developing native iOS and Android applications using Swift, Kotlin and Java
- Building state-of-the-art experiences to help millions of people learn Spanish and English
- Adding new features to our core translation and conjugation experience to help people answer more of their language questions faster and more accurately
- Improving our Vocabulary feature to increase its effectiveness
- Maximizing the value of hundreds of millions of ad impressions
What are we looking for in an engineer?
- 2+ years of professional native application development experience
- Solid understanding of Kotlin and Android Studio and/or Swift and XCode
- Deep knowledge of mobile design patterns
- Kindness, creativity, and maturity