Head of Mobile Engineering
This job offer is expired
Head of Mobile Engineering (m/f/d)
Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Then come join us! At ioki we work towards mobility concepts that serve as a supplement to public transport, such as mobility analytics, autonomous driving and especially, demand responsive transportation services. We combine innovative and existing concepts to connect people and restore lost living space. With decades of experience provided by our parent company Deutsche Bahn and openness of an agile start-up, we are unique as ioki. Fascinated by the developments in the mobility industry? Then we should definitely meet! For our office in Frankfurt am Main we are looking for you from 01.03.2020 as our Head of Mobile Engineering (m/f/d).
These will be your tasks:
Agile leadership of the mobile engineering team
- You lead three mobile engineering teams that develop two apps for passengers (Android, iOS) and one app for drivers for our customer projects.
- Development teams at ioki work very independently. Your task is to enable them to work efficiently and you take care of the processes and interfaces of the individual teams.
- We have high quality standards in software development. You help the teams to maintain and increase this standard.
- You are the interface to stakeholders outside of the dev teams and work closely with the teams to take the continuous improvement of apps with frequent releases to the next level.
- You ensure that the complex development of mobile apps gains simplicity and scalability.
- You take care of the existing members in your teams, but also staffing questions if the teams are plan to grow. Helping others as a developer, but also growing as a person is a matter close to your heart.
- You are part of the product management routines and represent our mobile engineering teams there.
- In the Backlog Refinement, you view the user stories from the eyes of the mobile apps and prepare them for the next sprint planning. You ensure that all acceptance criteria are in place and ensure that the individual teams also coordinate with the designers.
- You create and prioritize new stories in the product backlog, in cooperation with the development teams and product management you develop a 6 to 12 month vision for the development of the individual apps.
- You are part of the leadership team of the technology and engineering department at ioki. You work closely with other leads to develop and successfully implement a common technical vision of ioki.
That's what you bring with you:
- You have several years of experience in the field of (mobile) software development
- You have already worked in agile development teams and have already taken on management responsibility
- You are an active co-designer with organizational talent and have fun growing in a team and also making your team grow
- You have an independent, goal and result-oriented way of working as well as a willingness to take on responsibility with high demands on the quality of your own work
- You have a very good knowledge of spoken and written English, because English is the company language in our international team
These are the technologies we use:
- Passanger App Android: Kotlin
- Passanger App iOS: Swift
- Driver App: React Native