Senior Android Developer (f/m) Urban Mobility
This job offer is expired
Who we are
As the first free-floating car sharing system in the world, car2go offers flexible mobility with smart fortwo and Mercedes-Benz vehicles, everywhere and at any time for a reasonable price in the inner city areas of various cities. Vehicles can be located and booked spontaneously via smartphone app or the internet portal.
As a self-organized and agile team we work collaboratively to solve challenging problems of the fast developing app technology. We are an international team of experts which supports direct communication and a hands-on culture. Our spirit is determined by a pioneering footprint and we foster the contribution of your own ideas and research.
The app development team is located in Hamburg, and offers a fantastic view to the river Elbe.
You will play a key role within the app development team and shape easy accessible and fast responding frontends for millions of customers worldwide.
Your tasks will be:
- Building the Android version of the car2go app
- Constantly improving our app architecture
- Writing no new Java classes, only Kotlin
- Identifying and solving real world challenges
- Ensuring that our app has an outstanding performance
- Pro-actively addressing current and future availability, capacity and security needs of our Android application
- Elaborating with your team and your Product Owners about technical improvements
Skills and requirements
- You have many years of experience as a developer
- You are familiar the Android SDK and enjoy working with Kotlin
- You have great understanding of RxJava, Dependency Injection and testing of Android Apps
- You have an eye for design and user experience
- You enjoy working in a cross-functional, agile team, taking the initiative and introducing new ideas
- You are willing to improve yourself, the team, the workflow and the product
- You are passionate about an innovative product
The recruitment process
When you have applied successfully, you’ll be invited for a phone interview with one of our experienced tech recruiters.
If our recruiter believes you are suitable for the role, you will be asked for a Skype interview with the project’s technical lead.
The last stage includes a face to face interview at our office in Hamburg. This is usually with the technical lead, one of our developers and an HR manager.