Senior Android Engineer
This job offer is expired
theSkimm's Tech team is a group of experienced, resourceful programmers who are comfortable building tools throughout the stack. Our mission as an engineering team is to build the connections between theSkimm's editorial team and its growing audience, wherever they are.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
theSkimm is seeking an Android engineer to lead development for theSkimm app for Android. You'll be solely responsible for building theSkimm's first Android product in-house and managing subsequent releases. You'll also work hand-in-hand with theSkimm's applications team to establish and evolve stable, performant APIs.
Although the platforms for theSkimm's products may vary, the design patterns and programming principles necessary to build and distribute them are often the same. We're looking for an experienced software engineer to accelerate our development cycles by demonstrating pragmatism, creativity, and a desire to move our organization forward at all costs.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3-5 years of Android development experience
- Experience building apps with Kotlin, which comprises 100% of our codebase
- Experience with testing: unit tests, functional tests, visual tests
- Ability and willingness to balance strategy and execution
- Ability to express complex technical issues in clear language
- A published Google Play app
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm: passion for our audience and mission
- Familiarity establishing, upgrading and debugging SDK integrations
- Experience and comfort working in small teams responsible for large portions of a big business