Lead Software Engineer - Hotels
This job offer is expired
Technology and our people are what make Hopper possible. We are expanding our development team in Sofia and we are now looking for a Lead Engineer to help us reach new heights. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, Data Scientists and product managers in order to solve difficult problems together and get the job done.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Extend, improve and maintain our partner connectivity services platform and APIs, ensuring high reliability and performance
- Align and drive team members towards an inspiring vision, yet stage work to deliver value incrementally
- As a hands-on lead, you will work closely with our team of software engineers and product managers to deliver rapid value
- Collaborate directly with the company’s technology leadership on ensuring Hopper’s success
- Manage, mentor, and coach a technical team of 4-7 developers
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Solid experience in at least one of the following: Java, C#, Go, Python, C/C++, Node.js, Scala, etc.
- Strong background in CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.)
- Responsible, proactive and good communicator
- A drive to iterate architecture in harmony with an agile workflow
- Developed robust and well-performing services at scale
- Professional level English skills
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience leading an Agile development team
- Experience with functional programming languages (preferably scala)
- Experience with building, deploying and maintaining microservices in the cloud
- Experience working with third parties APIs
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to more than 40 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.