Experience Android Developer
This job offer is expired
We started our company with the belief that the internet should be free of geographic borders that restrict access to the content people want to watch. We solve this problem with technology that is delivered through easy-to-use tools.
We are a small, experienced team who enjoy working with each other. Conversations are often about exploration and the exchange of ideas. Joining our team means valuing and being part of these conversations. This is a startup and successful team members are independent, resourceful and creative, who thrive in a more unstructured environment with little hand holding. We measure results instead of effort, we value the ability to have a flexible schedule and be in control of your own time.
We are looking for an Experienced Android Developer to release and maintain our Android app, and improve our Amazon FireTV app. This is a fully or partially remote position.
- Support the product team in A/B testing of the apps
- Release updated versions of the apps on biweekly sprints fixing issues reported by customers
- Take partially completed and unpublished Android app and launch on Google Play store within a month
- Work with support department to identify and fix issues within 48 hours
How You Will Achieve These Goals
- Be fully responsible for the FireTV and Android apps
- Improve and maintain the FireTV app
- Clean up existing app code
- Work with product team to enhance or modify features and functionality of Android and FireTV apps
Our Tech Stack
- JSON based backend API
- Android + native UI for Google Play
- VPN Service based implementation
- 5+ years of experience building Android applications
- Solid understanding of the various Android SDK's, supporting multiple versions of Android OS in a single app
- Experience using REST and JSON based APIs
- Knowledge of the Google Play store marketplace, including app packaging, signing and in app purchasing management
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, including VPNs, Tunneling and DNS
- Self managed, experience working remotely