Senior Front-End Engineer
WHY IT IS EXCITING TO WORK ON SYNCRONY AS A FRONTEND ENGINEER
- Syncrony matters. Syncrony is used to conduct clinical research of real-world medical devices in active trials around the world.
- The frontend is complex and challenging. Trial datasets may encompass millions of datapoints gathered over decades through an ongoing narrative process between varied end users including data managers, scientists, doctors, regulatory bodies, and the subjects themselves. The system includes audit trails, security and safety features, and custom roles, workflows and reports, much of which is built by configuration.
- You matter. As a member of a small team with a large responsibility, both the work and the ideas of each engineer are relied upon for the continued success of Syncrony.
- Open opportunity. A ton of greenfield projects and several aspects of the application to take ownership of coupled with an open team attitude means ready opportunities for running with ideas, exploring new avenues, and driving personal and professional growth.
(for now) AngularJS, ASP.NET Web API 2, SQL and NoSQL databases
- You are more than just a frontend engineer; you are a frontend architect. You can handle a frontend as complex as any backend, have solid CS fundamentals, and can make high-level decisions about architecture, scaling, security, and extensibility.
- You are an extremely big-picture and forward thinker. Supporting software with a massive time horizon, broad potential for extensibility within the industry, and large amounts stakeholders and end users, means that we are always writing foundational code to enable even unforeseeable future possibilities.
- You are organized, and detail-oriented. Rapid prototyping has its place, but in a complex environment where data integrity and process is paramount, a developer must be cognizant of all externalities of the code that they write within the system. See below.
- You truly write clean code and unit tests. Our product is the solidity of its functionality and maintainability, so the code must be beautiful. Writing beautiful code should be a matter of personal pride for you. In a review, you should be able to provide and consider productive feedback and, in general, you should not be willing to settle for anything short of code that is as thorough, extensible, modular, and maintainable as possible.
- You are cool, calm, and collected, and work as easily within the team as you do on your own.
Our hiring process begins with a phone screen with one or two engineers focused on defining fit in terms of culture, skills, experience, and goals. Technical questions may be asked during this interview. There may be a follow-up phone screen.
The next step is a technical challenge designed to provide us with insight into your values, styles, and attitudes about programming and architecture. The final step is an on-sight.Apply now