Frontend End Developer
We’re looking for a full-time Front End Developer to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to build beautifully simple experiences that guide our customers through TransferWise, helping them to live, travel and work internationally.
For our customers, using TransferWise should feel as simple as sending money from A to B. Yet behind our app and website it’s a complex engine of currencies and routes, that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still heaps to figure out, and we can’t do it alone.
You’ll receive a competitive package, generous stock options, private healthcare, flexible working and a range of other benefits.
- Help us take TransferWise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers. You’ll hideaway all complexities under the hood of our product and build seamless experiences for our customers
- Working on the core flow of TransferWise, you’ll guide our customers from their first experience on our landing page to completing a transfer and making sure they are informed every step of the way
- Create clear and helpful interfaces, whilst maintaining consistency, maintainability, performance and an understanding of what problems our customers might encounter along the way (you’ll do this by writing semantic, accessible HTML and creating inclusive, maintainable CSS)
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll share your expertise and ideas on the best technologies we can work with, to improve our internal tools and help teams work together (in our codebase you’ll find Angular 1.5, React, Redux, Webpack, Babel, Jest and more)
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work and learn with our teams in London, Tallinn, Budapest, Singapore and more
A bit about you:
- You’re passionate about product and user experience - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You understand how to test your assumptions and aren’t afraid to try something, potentially fail and then learn from this experience
- You feel comfortable with modern front-end frameworks and tools - React, Redux, and Webpack
- You’ve worked with Java, back-end MVC frameworks and have experience with microservice architecture
- You have a good understanding of Scrum and Agile development
- You consider tests a must
- Your code reads like well-written prose
- You have a strong sense of good UX and design
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.Apply now