This job offer is expired
MyVest is a growing fintech company in the heart of San Francisco that builds enterprise-level software for wealth management. Our software helps some of the leading financial institutions in the country empower more families secure their financial future. We are deeply committed to our award-winning company culture, where transparency, work/life balance and fun are top priorities. We like each other and we like coming to work each day!
The Architecture and Platform Engineering teams are responsible for maintaining and innovating MyVest's technology stack and application infrastructure. You will contribute to and lead projects dedicated to improving the utility, security, scalability, and performance of our front-end architecture.
- Drive the creation of modern, responsive UI screens for a next-generation digital experience in the financial services space for both new product initiatives and legacy UI transformation.
- Engage with the CTO, product management, and UX designer in creating the overall UI architecture and roadmap.
- Work in the theoretical space with an eye on the real world implementation experience.
- Create proof of concepts and code when appropriate.
- Standardize UI development across multiple teams and large volumes of code, with multiple branches, formal integration procedures and test cycles.
- Provide quality feedback in code reviews.
- Actively participate in the hiring of new developers.
- A hands-on UI engineer and visionary who can guide development of world-class digital user experiences.
- Passionate about UI/UX and providing individual mentorship to engineers.
- A strong advocate for best practices and standards, with a focus on infrastructure, reusability, testing, and development efficiency.
- Eager to learn latest UI technologies/frameworks/tools and apply them in solving complex business problems.
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal), with the demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of employees and customers.
- Able to collaborate well with others and thrive with challenging assignments.
- A self-starter, able to perform work with minimal supervisory direction.
- 6-8 years significant experience as a UI-focused software engineer in a formal product development environment.
- Guided the design and implementation of a responsive, web-based, mobile-friendly, production UI application for at least 2 years.
- The ability to create web applications that provide a rich user experience using stateless HTTP design patterns.
- Experience creating UI screens that can handle large data sets.
- BS in computer science or computer engineering.
- Preferably Financial Services industry and analytics visualization experience, though these are not required.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible time off
- Dedication to work/life balance
- $1,500 Annual Professional Development budget to grow your career
- Generous coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance premiums — for you AND your family
- 401(k) Match
- Bright open office in FiDi with views of the Bay
MyVest is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).