Principal Software Architect
Role can be Field / Home Based, East Coast preferred, but at least within travel proximity to our Syracuse, NY or Blacksburg, VA offices.
Innovative Interfaces Inc. is dedicated to providing leading technology solutions (software) and services that empower Libraries globally, and to enrich their patrons worldwide.
Visit our Global Career Center at https://www.iii.com/our-company/careers/
We employ over 400 diverse and energetic professionals across the globe with office locations across the United States, Dublin, Ireland and Australia. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, Innovative's products are used every day by patrons in over 50 countries in over 20 languages at academic, public, government, law, and special Libraries.
The Principal Software Architect is a leader in strategy and innovation in the evaluation of existing systems and technologies and the development of strategic solutions to solve stated business challenges. The incumbent will collaborate with product management and product development to translate business requirements into technical solutions that align with Innovative’s business goals and technology strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs architectural analysis and design for systems spanning the Innovative products and services portfolio.
- Partners with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs.
- Documents and communicates designs, estimates, and implementation plans to program stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other members of the product development team to evaluate solutions and gain consensus on technical direction.
- Researches, designs, tests, and evaluates new technologies and vendor solutions.
- Works with 3rd party offshore Engineering and Design teams to develop and design new products and solutions.
- Implements Proof of Concepts and pair with technical leads on implementations.
- Maintains an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
- Leads and manages tasks for the team.
- Provides guidance and coaching to less-experienced peers.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education, Licenses, and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or any other related field.
- Minimum 10 years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development.
- Minimum 8 years developing or designing for Java based Web Applications
- Minimum 2 years developing or designing for multi-tenant applications
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking).
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design - including leveraging emerging technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coach and lead team to project completion.
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives.
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems.
- Knowledge of Angular JS is a plus.
- Knowledge of Data warehousing or Data Vault design is a plus.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR INFORMATION
- Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours work may be required to meet customer and/or business needs.
- Ability to travel to work with US, India, and Russia development teams on an as needed basis.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Innovative Interfaces is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other legally protected status and takes affirmative action to recruit, employ, train, and promote qualified minorities, women, covered veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Company DescriptionInnovative Interfaces creates cutting-edge technology products that allow libraries to succeed in a modern technology environment and the freedom to implement solutions that best meet their specific needs. An established company with a vision for the future, Innovative connects with thousands of libraries of all types in over 66 countries.
Innovative Interfaces is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Apply now