Chapter Lead Front-End Development - Payment Channels
For our Payments Channels department within ING Wholesale Bank, we’re looking for an IT Chapter Lead Front-End who will build and improve our digital channels, but most of all build and nourish an awesome Chapter of Dev Engineers.
If you want to work at a place where you and your colleagues are working with the newest stacks and technologies, where investing in the automation of provisioning and monitoring never stops, and where we are building a team of top-notch Dev Engineers that can take on the challenges of developing the most important internet-facing applications of one of the largest Global Banks, please read on.
The ideal candidate:
As an IT Chapter Lead you are a seasoned Dev Engineer and you are seen by colleagues as a go-to person.
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Payments Channels.
We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
Along with the IT Area Lead and your fellow IT Chapter Leads you set the standards for software development in your area of expertise. You have not only a strong drive to constantly keep your own expertise up to speed, but also want to make an active contribution to the development and advancement of your colleagues.
As an IT Chapter Lead, you are a “doer”. Sixty percent (60%) of your time, you work as a senior Dev Engineer. You use your seniority to maximize team performance. You will work with cutting-edge technology while you’re pushing innovation in an environment where you have the possibility to show your work on a platform with huge user impact.
Your chapter members are equally ambitious as you, and you like to transfer your expertise to them and feel satisfaction from coaching (both professionally as personally) less senior chapter members. They work in an international environment in different multidisciplinary squads. Together with business colleagues, UX designers, visuals designers and product owners.
- Team lead experience or aspirations with a proven track record of finishing commercial / enterprise scale deliverables.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in developing web-based user interfaces.
- Excel in front-end development, with amongst others, but not limited to Angular JS, Web Components and LIT html.
- Good understanding of web security principles and practices
- Experience and thorough understanding of continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines.
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general. We see the IT Chapter Leads as elite engineers who carve the path of ING Wholesale Bank’s digital transformation.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to learn new technical concepts fast.
- Proven ability to bring out the best in people and drive the team forward
- You embrace change and you are not afraid of frequently changing project direction or stakeholder environment.
- Ability to constantly balance the pressure of commercial targets of the teams you oversee and the quality of software they deliver.
- Experienced in Agile / Scrum / DevOps methodologies
- Last but not least, hard-working, down-to-earth mentality. When a feature is broken with customer impact, you and your team will fix it: here and now.
ING is a top-notch IT company with a top engineering culture, incorporating FinTech mentality and financial innovation. We are end-to-end agile, work in multidisciplinary teams and use cutting edge technology. This enables us to offer our customers the best possible services and respond to rapidly changing customer demands.
Visit all the courses and conferences that fit your personal development.
If you get invited, you will meet other IT Chapter Leads, the IT Area Lead and at least one Customer Journey Expert in two separate meetings.Apply now