Would you like to:
- Love what you do and the people you’re doing it with?
- Do the best work of your career?
- Belong to an amazing and fun group who want to do - and are *already* doing - big things?
- Be part of exciting work with a meaningful mission as we build and grow our products, our team, and ourselves together?
- Know that your work is being used by - and benefitting! - literally millions of people?
At LimeSpot, the above is not an aspirational fantasy; it’s our reality! And we’d love you to consider being part of that reality with us.
LimeSpot is currently looking for someone to complement our expanding team of Senior Software Engineers, with a focus on front-end technologies. As 90% of our front-end code is currently in Angular (currently 7) a solid level of knowledge/expertise in Angular+Typescript is understandably a requirement for this role.
Some of your Tour of Duty with us will involve:
- Becoming an integral contributor to the frontends and user interfaces of all of our products, including some new ones
- Being part of - and potentially driving/owning - some exciting big picture/big deal technical directions and organizational initiatives
Some of the other things you can look forward to:
- Working with like-minded and talented people who will fast become your friends
- The opportunity to be a meaningful contributor to our architecture and technical designs
- Flexible hours
- A very nice Gastown transit-accessible office space with fantastic natural lighting
- The ability to work from home for a percentage of the work week (up to 80%) if needed
- Open vacation
Other skills & capabilities ensuring your/our success:
- Desire for the writing of unit tests with code (we use the standard testing tools for our Angular projects, while our React/other projects use Jest)
- Enjoyment of the company of other human beings from time to time
- Loving Git or other modern source control paradigms (we use Git + GitHub)
Some nice to haves (Seriously, they’re "nice to haves", not hard requirements! If you don’t have these, you will definitely have most of them by the time you conclude your run with us):
- A good eye for user interfaces and delightful user experiences
- Previous experience with Angular Material
- Knowledge of C# and Microsoft Web API (or pseudo-equivalent like Nancy) - this is a front-end focused role; however, having the ability to go “full stack” if needed is definitely a maaaaaasive bonus
- Familiarity with the “branch-per-feature” model of source control organization
- Understanding of development organizational principles like Kanban
- Familiarity with microservices architectures and event-based systems
- Previous e-commerce domain experience
- An engaging smile
- Familiarity with cloud-based services (we use Azure)
- Openness to spontaneous high-fiving or fist bumping as appropriate for candidate comfort level
If you’ve read the above and are excited about LimeSpot potentially being the next phase of your career, we’re equally excited to talk to you! Hit us up and we’ll get chatting.
P.S. Our picture below correctly conveys our average team happiness/enthusiasm but not our office setup - trust us when we say you'll have more than ample desk space! =)Apply now