Lead Engineer (Full Stack Front End Developer)
Lead Engineer (Full Stack Front End Developer) in Bethesda, MD
This is a full-time position in our downtown Bethesda, MD office (easy access from Metro's Red Line)
WealthEngine (WE) is seeking a Lead Engineer (Full Stack Front End Developer) to collaborate with a group of elite software engineers to design and build our marque product in implementing exceptional modern, responsive user experiences and build the back-end API layer. Our technology powers the campaigns of some of the biggest non-profits, universities, financial service firms, and luxury brands in the country. Using actionable wealth and lifestyle insights, WE fuels highly-targeted campaigns that continuously deliver measured outcomes. The WE platform is powered by more than half a trillion data points and uses proprietary learning science to create WE profiles for more than 250M people in the US.
If you are experienced in a variety of front-end frameworks, back-end languages, SQL/No-SQL database technologies and have excellent communication skills, then we want to talk with you right away!
Clients use our technology to accelerate their campaigns. We help them find and influence wealthy individuals who have the capacity and propensity to donate to their cause.
Here's what you'll do:
- Full stack software development to implement modern, responsive user experiences
- Build the back-end API layer
- Rapid development of software based on architecture requirements
- Develop and maintain code, integrating software components into a fully functional software system
- Learn and adopt new languages, infrastructure concepts, and technologies and implement them effectively in projects
Along the way, you will also:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for system specific issues, processes, and regulations
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally in designing and building our marque product
- Participate in company training and professional development opportunities - and also in our parties and picnics!
What We're Looking for In You
- A development athlete with 3+ years' experience and a passion for understanding business challenges and requirements and turning them into working software
- Solid experience building web-based systems using React.Js (preferred) or Angular.Js
- Working experience in a wide variety of databases, including both relational databases and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra (preferred), MongoDB, Oracle, or ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of Scrum or Kanban process
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, DevOps tools, and Unit testing
- Fastidiously pay attention to details
- Enjoy a challenge and thrive on learning and working in a fast-paced, performance-oriented culture with intelligent people
- Have an exceptional level of integrity, raw intelligence, creativity, energy, and passion
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous experience working on systems that use AWS for hosting and experience with AWS products such as SQS, EMR, and ELB preferred
- Comfortable with some or all of the following front-end frameworks and libraries preferred: Bootstrap, Backbone.js, Grunt, Typescript, Assemble.io, and/or Bower.io
- Medical/Dental/Vision and Flex Spending Account
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 401k plan
- Parking or public transportation travel allowance
- Lots more!
How to Get This Job
If you would like this story to be yours, send us a copy of your resume and a letter telling us why you would be the ideal fit for this role. We think your ability to communicate in writing is very important, so we'll read your letter first.
This is a full-time position in our downtown Bethesda, MD office (easy access from Metro's Red Line).Apply now