Picnic is the world’s fastest growing online supermarket with a unique business model and a highly engaged customer base. Our mission is to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Beyond that, we love working towards a greener future by using cutting-edge warehouse technologies and running a 100% electrical fleet of delivery vans.
We are on the hunt for a bright, energetic Web Developer that will help us develop and maintain internal tools that are critical to the success of our business. Are you ready to join?
Where you fit in:
You get excited by creating exceptional products that change the lives of millions of people. You are able to run a project from its inception until it is shipped. You love writing high-quality code that works under all circumstances and is easy to maintain. In addition, you stay on top of the latest developments in the community and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
What challenges await you:
- Interact with our designers and product owners to create specifications for new features
- Implement these features and ensure that they work correctly by writing tests
- Triage and resolve reported bugs
- Refactor older parts of our applications, to improve maintainability and extensibility
- Live and breathe innovation, technology, and engineering
Who you are:
- A highly analytical and curious mind with a Master in Computer Science or equivalent
- A passion for web development
- 2+ years of experience shipping high-quality software
- Significant hands-on experience with a modern web framework such as React.js or Angular 2
- Experience with SCM, preferably Git
- Open-source contributions or projects are a plus
- Open personality with superb communication skills (Dutch not required)
Technologies we use:
- HTML5, CSS3
- Angular, React
- REST APIs