Senior Software Engineer for our lovely Swansea office
This job offer is expired
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With a staff of over 5,000 spread across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organizational transformation.
Oliver Wyman Digital is a dedicated practice within Oliver Wyman, we deliver world-class products that give our clients a competitive edge and our mission is to leave a positive impact on the world. We have mixed agency skills with our consulting roots in order that we can best answer some of the largest companies’ toughest questions. Our global dynamic team deliver at the highest levels across many specialist skill sets including Design, Data Science & Analytics, Project Delivery and Engineering. We’re committed to growth that provides our people the most exciting and fulfilling opportunities and we are looking for more people to join us.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the UK & Ireland Engineering team you’ll be joining a group of hugely talented individuals across the whole spectrum of Engineering. From Systems Engineers through to Software Engineers and all the way to User Interface Engineers we believe there is a place for anyone to thrive.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our team. This role will report to Dean Faulkner, Head of Engineering UK & Ireland. The role will be based in our central Swansea office where we have a small dedicated technical team.
Here is a little snapshot of what you can expect
- Working in fully cross functional agile teams to collectively deliver the perfect balance of Consulting, Project Delivery, Design, Data and Engineering. You will have the chance to influence the direction of projects you work on; observe and learn skills from team members inside and outside the engineering team and work closely with our clients to identify the required solutions.
- Working with modern technologies to deliver high quality and sustainable applications. The opportunity to move forward with the latest technologies or methodologies is usually never far away.
- Continuous development of yourself and others through training and mentoring. We encourage everyone to learn and share and support that with formal training and qualification
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer with at least 4 years commercial experience. A degree in a relevant subject is useful but not essential and we hope that you are excited by the chance to work with varied technologies.
Below is a list of the specifics we are looking for, you don’t have tick every single box and of course a hunger to learn more is welcomed!
We expect you can show commercial experience with one or more of the below technologies:
- HTML, CSS & preprocessors (Sass/Less)
- Task Runners (Gulp / Grunt / Webpack)
- Accessibility standards
We’re also hoping you’ll be able to show us your experience with:
- Automated testing
- Continuous integration
And skills incredibly desirable
- Working with systems at scale
- Working in an agency/service environment
- A key attention to detail and desire for quality outputs
Our team comprises all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds. We don’t care whether you’re loud or quiet, funny or serious. We do hope that you have:
- A genuine passion for technology.
- A clear commitment to creating brilliant products that will give our clients the edge.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about making Oliver Wyman Digital a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Rewarding work
We’ve worked hard to earn our reputation for high quality work. That reputation together with Oliver Wyman’s status as a Fortune 100 company allows us to work with major brands at all levels on incredibly exciting projects.
- Progressive employment
Flat organisational structures, resolute I&D values and a commitment to rewarding good work make for a progression path truly based on merit. Our comprehensive benefits include an impressive pension program.
- Enjoyable days
We want our team members to build a career here—and to be happy. That makes us serious about caring for, mentoring, developing and sponsoring each other.
This commitment also leads to opportunities for social impact and community work in your work days.
- Balanced lives
We want you to have the work-life balance you want and we believe that people do their best work when they are given the chance to shape their own environment around the needs of families or other commitments. So if you want to make the most of travel opportunities with our global projects, we’ll encourage it; if you don’t, we’ll encourage that too.
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.