Software Developer (m/f/d) for Open Educational Resources (OER) Portal Lower Sax
At TIB we are looking for a new partner for the development of the platform within the scope of this project. Therefore, in our Program Area C, Research and Development, the position of a
Software Developer (m/f/d) for Open Educational Resources (OER) Portal Lower Saxony
is to be filled as soon as possible. The position is initially limited until 31st July 2023. The regular weekly working time is 39.8 hours (full-time). The position is generally suitable for part-time work. Depending on the qualification (Bachelor/Master), the successful candidate will be grouped either in pay scale group 12 or 13 TV-L.
- Technical conception, implementation and provision of the OER portal
- Initial setup and maintenance of the portal
- Connecting the portal to other OER platforms
- Implementation/adaptation/extension of existing interfaces to learning management systems (LMS)
- University degree (Bachelor/Master or comparable), preferably in computer science or a related subject area
- Very good experience in software development in the field of user interfaces (React, Angular, Ionic)
- Practical experience in the development of search engines (SOLR, ElasticSearch)
- Practical experience in the development and use of web services (REST, SOAP)
- Good knowledge of the application of version management systems based on Git
- A high degree of self-organisation and experience in working independently
- Experience in conceptual and creative collaboration on complex issues
- Experience in agile software development
- Good English language skills; German language skills are a plus
- Experience with Open Educational Resources
- Experience in handling common LMS and current tools for the creation of digital teaching and learning materials
- Experience in the conception and development as well as the use of e-learning applications in university teaching
What we offer
- A modern workplace in a central location of Hannover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment
- Comprehensive and intensive training in an interesting and varied field of activity
- Flexible working hours (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life, such as sabbaticals and mobile work
- An employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL)
- Discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover
- A salary according to the provisions of the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TV-L)
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to Mr. Klinger, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), by e-mail to [email protected]
How to apply
To submit your application, please click here.
Paper applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your complete application documents with the subject 44/2019 before November 17, 2019 addressed to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
Or alternatively as a single PDF file to [email protected] For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, with around 550 employees is one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
1. Acting in the capacity of the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature.
2. Carrying out cutting-edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology
3. Offering library services for the Leibniz University Hannover.
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions, and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life. It wants to promote equal career opportunities for women and men in particular and therefore urges qualified women to apply.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned, and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
For more information about the TIB, please visit: www.tib.eu/en/
We look forward to receiving your application!Apply now