Lead Frontend Engineer - Angular (f/m/x) -
This job offer is expired
Comtravo - Business travel made simple
We are a team of travel experts, tech enthusiasts and customer support heroes – with the shared purpose to simplify business travel. Comtravo provides small and medium-sized companies a truly unique solution. Travelers or travel managers can book and manage their business trips with one simple text message. Using state-of-the-art technologies, such as NLP and machine learning techniques, we are automating our fulfilment pipeline. This enables our in-house travel experts to focus on complex requests and the individual needs of our clients.
Our tech stack:
The frontend is built in Angular / Typescript. We have two major applications - one for our customers and one for our back-office team of travel agents.
Both applications interact with our in-house-built booking engine and e.g. allow booking of flight tickets, management of bookings, reporting, etc.
We invest heavily in shared components, libraries, automated tests, monitoring and sane interfaces. Together with a strong CI/CD pipeline, we are able to release many times per day to production.
What we’re looking for:
Comtravo currently has one frontend team of about 7 engineers which takes care of feature and component development, usability improvements, etc. The team currently works together with a Principal Engineer guiding them on technical decisions, as well as a Designer and Product Owner.
What we are missing is a dedicated Engineering Manager capable of leading the team, manage the day to day challenges (technical product management, 1:1s with engineers, interaction with Product, etc.) and grow the team further.
For this, we are looking for an experienced, hands-on Team Lead.
You will be working primarily on leading, organizing and inspiring your team and peers, but we are still small enough that a portion of your time will probably also be spent on coding.
You will work closely with the CTO, Software architect, Product and our other Engineering leads to help make Comtravo even more successful than it is now!
- You lead the planning, building and implementation of our top-notch front-end applications based on Angular 8 / Typescript
- You manage a team of 7-8 frontend engineers
- You write maintainable and well-tested code according to the latest best practices
- You provide the right guidance to your team and help them solve their technical questions
- You work in close cooperation with other developer teams, our product team and the data scientist to develop kick-ass features
- You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and technology
- You foster a culture of transparency and communication and challenge others while letting them challenge you to deliver the best results possible
- You have a degree in Software Engineering (or a related field)
- You have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in software development and also 2 years of leading a team
- You have excellent knowledge of Angular (v2+)
- You have a good sense of User Experience and Workflows
- You are up to date in terms of new design trends and frameworks
- You have a deep passion for frontend systems, their scalability, as well as their continued development
- You have a strong background knowledge in Computer Science (Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns, Scaling)
- You have a strong focus on Code Quality, Robustness, Automation, Testing and Monitoring
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary & flexible working hours
- Attractive benefits for flights and hotels for your personal travels
- Company pension plan
- Corporate discounts with external partners
- An exciting job in a High-Tech startup in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe
- Access to a great network of entrepreneurs in Berlin and some of the best travel & B2B investors in Europe
- Deep knowledge in scaling of startups and influence the development of the company
- Cooperation with an extremely strong and competent team, which has already successfully built several global businesses
- Transparency with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Company parties, weekly team lunches and a lot more events
- A loft office in the heart of Berlin with everything you need (e.g. free fruits, snacks & drinks)
Interested? Then go ahead and apply now with your cover letter and CV!