Front End Developer - Live Services
This is a truly unique opportunity for a Front End Developer to join Creative Assembly as part of a hugely talented team, working with a world-class development team in an innovative, professional and dynamic games development environment.
As a Front End Developer on the project, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, developing and implementing software development to high standard. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and implementer, dealing with projects from inception to delivery and live operation. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As a Front End Developer, you will be part of the Live Services team, you will play a key role in central aspects of online games service. This will include web sites, game launchers, game tools, analytics and monitoring.
You will also work with the wider Creative Assembly team, particularly with the brand, game and web teams. A key element of this role is to be proactive and provide implementation solutions for design-led requirements to the relevant members of the team.
As a developer on the project, you will work collaboratively with key developers working towards effective solutions for critical parts of the online games service infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience building websites and integrating with content management systems.
- Proficient in building modern front-end interfaces.
- Server-side development experience (JSON/RESTful API)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- High level of interest in learning new technologies for software development
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- UX / UI design experience
- Good working knowledge of Continuous Delivery
- Experience of working with systems at scale
- Understanding and working knowledge of front-end desktop and mobile frameworks (Electron, ionic etc)
- Familiarity with working with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Experience of working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Agile development practices such as Scrum
- Development experience and passion for online video games