Automotive Software Developer - Frontend (f/m/d)
This job offer is expired
To revolutionize the future of transportation, one has to go one step further and set standards today. Smart technologies which are strongly taking over driving tasks and providing improved safety and comfort are already in place in our commercial vehicles today. But our vision is that “We make transportation smart”. So, we need visionary thinkers and creative developers as well as experts in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development to achieve this vision. If you want to leave an impact on the world, join us!
An exciting position has become available within Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles as an Automotive Software Developer - Frontend (f/m/d). You will be part of an experienced international team, working with agile software development processes and standard design methods in the heart of Hanover. You will gain significant experience throughout the complete stack: The entire way from our ConnectFleet service backend down to the online connectivity units in the car. On top of that we are further developing and operating Volkswagen commercial vehicles’ Connect Fleet platform - based on a cutting-edge cloud services architecture - which provides premium personalized, contextual and seamless fleet management experiences across all touchpoints. You will code our Single Page Application, which is the most important touchpoint for our fleet managers.
- Be a coder and develop features for our frontend applications
- Help us materialize our long term vision by turning it to tactical goals and requirements
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our fleet platform.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate code that serve thousands of drivers in a DevOps manner.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
- Work from our awesome office in Hannover City where we solve problems in mobility solutions for the future
- B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Basic understanding of writing clean, standards based code for frontend applications
- Good knowledge of web technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, Single Page Applications with Angular or REACT and JSON)
- Familiarity with open source development workflow using GIT, Fork, Pull Requests, and branches
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies; familiarity with test automation in the frontend realm
- Basic knowledge in Python, Go, PHP or Java are of second nature
Reference number: E-4351/2019