Senior Full Stack Developer
This job offer is expired
Megatix is searching for developers to join our product team. We are a Perth-based startup that is changing the event ticketing industry for the better.
Are you looking for a full time role that gives you a great work environment and a competitive salary, but adds on flexible working hours, a wear-whatever-you-want-to-work policy and a relaxed yet vibrant group of team players? If yes, then join us and help us improve and expand our product offerings and deliver excellent quality software to our customers.
- Building new application features such as additional currencies, multiple timezone support, language internationalisation, API integrations, enhanced mobile support, and beautiful analytics dashboards.
- Find and fix bugs, refactor or rewrite existing code and expand our test framework
- Deployment - for us this is an easy, one button process to deploy, and we do so early and often!
- Helping to automate and scale our platform on AWS.
- Offering suggestions for future enhancements, and scoping and estimating future work
- You are detail-oriented, conscientious and have a need to achieve outcomes.
- Your friends would say that you are a clever one.
- You like to keep up with whats happening in technology and solve problems in creative ways.
- You don't like repetitive, mechanical work, and thus like things automated.
- You are enthusiastic, a self starter and thrive in a very free and creative environment.
- You sleep better at night when your code is unit-tested.
- Minimum 3 years recent industry experience in a development role
- Enjoy programming in a modern, high-level, dynamically typed language like PHP, Python or Ruby; We use PHP 5+.
- You have exposure to a modern MVC framework-based development environment such as Ruby on Rails, Flask, Django or Laravel; We use Laravel 5.
- You are familiar with an open source relational database system like MySQL or Postgres; we use MySQL.
- You have had exposure to a modern, reactive, front end browser framework like React, Angular or Vue; we use Vue
- You know enough Git to be able to commit code and push it to the repo.
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs using JSON
- Experience with AWS, Heroku, Digitial Ocean or another PaaS
- Some experience with frontend testing. How should we move forwards with this? Bring your experience to bear!
- You can take HTML and CSS to the next level with SASS / SCSS and deliver more frontend power with HTML5 and PWA technology like service workers.
- A keen eye for UX / UI, responsive design and experience with a styling framework like Bootstrap, Foundation or ElementUI
- Experience with Webpack, NPM or Yarn
- Experience with Stripe or other payment providers.
- A passion for live events - music, festivals, theatre, sport!