Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead (PHP) Sunday Times #1 LDN
This job offer is expired
Our Tech Team
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create industry-leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to our growth. We support all departments throughout the business in delivering their services and adding massive value for all our customers. Collaborating with colleagues from across the company we play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
Our Senior Software Engineer Role
We are now investing in the rapid expansion of our engineering team and this is a fantastic opportunity to help drive that growth. We’d like you to help build a world-class engineering team through rapidly designing and delivering the best solutions, supporting our teams and coaching others to grow their skills and expertise.
We value developers who are enthusiastic, react swiftly, collaborate and make an impact every day. You’ll be charged with delivering code that underpins the success of the business and as a senior member of the team, you’ll be given the freedom to innovate and to drive sustainable growth. Opportunity abounds at MVF and successful candidates can expect rapid career development.
Our Ideal Senior Software Engineer:
- You have extensive experience of software development in a variety of contexts, including PHP and MySQL, with Laravel and other Symfony-based frameworks.
- You have a track record of building robust production-ready code with built-in logging and monitoring of live performance, delivered in a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment.
- You have knowledge and experience of TDD, DDD and BDD approaches and how they help teams build brilliant solutions.
- You are commercially astute with demonstrable experience of delivering business impact.
- You have experience of working in a Lean and Agile team with a solid focus on continual improvement.
- You come from a strong coding background, can explore multiple approaches to solving problems, make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs and effectively communicate them all.
- You have experience of developing the careers of more junior colleagues including new starters, mentoring and training them to the next level.
- You solicit feedback from others and are eager to find ways to improve.
- You lead the way in identifying, sharing and championing engineering best practices, with knowledge of architecture and enterprise design patterns.
- You have been a key member of and enjoy working in high-performing teams yet can work independently.
- You want to be part of our amazing MVF culture.
- Any experience you have of AWS, Jenkins, Docker and Chef is a plus.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Provide measurable impact to the business through your contribution to the design and development of new and existing products.
- Join engineering colleagues in providing input into architectural decisions and be confident in communicating complex ideas and outcomes to a diverse audience.
- Proactively support colleagues when issues arise, bring those issues to a swift resolution, find root causes and make improvements to prevent re-occurrences.
- Produce quality code which meets or exceeds our best practices and participate in code reviews of colleagues’ work to help them achieve the same high standards.
- Work effectively within our Lean and Agile environment including participation in planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and help identify continuous improvements to our processes.
- Understand the different environments your code will operate in, and use existing automated deployment processes to move code into production.
- Improve our codebase by writing appropriate unit and functional tests to satisfy business acceptance criteria, and help your colleagues test their code in the same manner.
- Communicate projects, team progress and technical topics to a diverse audience via “Demos” and “Tech Talks” and contribute to documenting our products and processes.
- Help onboard new engineers to understand our systems, tools and processes.