Senior PHP Developer with Security Emphasis
This job offer is expired
Do you want to work in cyber security? How about being able to work anywhere on the Planet? On a beach in Hawaii, or taking your lunch break fly fishing a stream in Alaska.
We are one of the fastest growing cyber security companies in the World. You will be working for us remotely full-time, with full benefits including platinum level medical, dental, 401K, a generous stock options package, gym reimbursement, company paid security certifications (CISSP, Security+) and conferences.
We are a team of 33 talented and highly motivated people. We're fast moving, nimble, self managing and work in a relaxed atmosphere with a sense of humor. Rather than working for a mega-corp, you will be working in a company where your work has real impact in the fun high-growth stages of our evolution.
We use apps like Slack, Fogbugz, Github and Google Apps for our workflow. Each team member is world-class at what they do. We have flexible working hours and we are a diverse team ranging in age. Most of us are based in the USA and many are international including countries like Sweden, Bulgaria, the UK and many more.
Here are some of the core skills we look for in team members:
- A willingness to grab whatever task is required of you and run with it. This may include work outside of your core tasks. We are a small team and everyone needs to pitch in.
- A high level of productivity and self-management.
- Must be comfortable working remotely and interfacing with other team members using Slack and other remote tools.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- Effective communication skills. This is critical for remote workers and we can't emphasize this enough. You will spend a significant amount of time interfacing with our customers and/or other team members through your keyboard and it's critically important that you can effectively convey your thoughts.
- PHP including object oriented PHP. Experience with Laravel is helpful. You need to write clean, high performance and maintainable code that is secure.
- Knowledge of subversion and git, including github workflow is a requirement.
- MySQL including the ability to write well performing SQL, ability to design schemas and an understanding of MySQL data types and performance.
- Experiencing with Apache, Nginx and other web platforms like Lightspeed highly desirable.
- Must be comfortable using Linux and comfortable with Linux administration.
- Understanding of common web vulnerabilities required.
- Vulnerability research – ability to identify vulnerabilities in code is a requirement.
- WordPress experience required – including ability to use the WordPress plugin API.
- A keen interest in infosec. Credentials like Security+, CISSP or other is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of other languages a strong plus.
All positions require a trial period of approximately 2-3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a offer of employment with the company.
Full-time permanent positions include the following benefits:
- Platinum level PPO medical plan with dental and vision included. Company pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% for dependents.
- 21 days PTO per year
- 401k with matching contributions
- Opportunities to attend security conferences and WordCamps (conferences vary but we have attended RSA, DefCon, BSides, Shmoocon and others)
- Company paid local gym membership
- Company paid fees and study time provided for work-related educational courses and security certifications such as Security+, CEH and CISSP.
- You will receive a new laptop (MacBook Pro or equivalent) and any items needed to create a successful work environment at home.