Development Center Manager (Yangon)
This job offer is expired
You’ll be an invaluable member of our Engineering Team, widely considered the backbone of Pomelo and composed of top specialists from across four different continents. Using the latest technologies and trends, you will assist in conceptualizing, planning, and creating ground-breaking new features that will enhance our user’s online experience. You’ll not only be responsible for carrying out individual projects, but help contribute your expert ideas and opinions to help shape the actual output.
- Oversees daily center operations and coordinates center activities through assigned staff; prioritizes and delegates work activities
- Support HQ in all Software development tasks, code review, integration, testing and deployment
- Coordinate with HQ for daily task assignment.
- Delegate and supervise technical daily tasks.
- Train and on-board new developers or QA’s
- Help find the best talent in the region
- Directs, monitors and participates in research activities including data collection, evaluation and analysis for a research project
- Prepares periodic reports, progress, status or other special reports for management
- Serves as center representative during projects by responding to and resolving emergency situations
- 3+ years leading experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Software Developing
- Senior level technology manager with track record of performance for managing & influencing sophisticated, fast-paced business partners with competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate in English at a high level
- Strong knowledge of Agile development, Kanban/Scrum stories, etc. (Ability to run the meeting)
- Strong Knowledge in MySQL
- Experience in Jenkins or similar tools.
- Strong Knowledge in Frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS, StrongLoop, Laravel
- Knowledge in Frameworks like Laravel, PrestaShop, Magento is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of Architectural patterns.
- Pro-user on IDEs (PHPStorm, WebStorm, Atom, Eclipse, Sublime, etc;)
- Start-up or e-commerce experience is an added bonus
- BA/BS in Computer Science