This job offer is expired
We'll go ahead and assume that since you're reading this, your experience is not as a dog catcher or pearl diver. You're a web programmer, but not just any web programmer. You write irresistible code from scratch, because pre-built WordPress templates are for noobs. You know once you start typing, you're going to deliver the kind of customer experience that customers want to...well...experience.
Sound a lot like you? Then get in here! Sweetwater, the nation's #1 online retailer of pro audio equipment and musical instruments, is looking for an experienced Web Programmer to become a part of our internet retail juggernaut. You will join an amazing team of developers just like you (not just like you, that would be confusing -- and creepy) using state-of-the-art tools and technology to develop the custom codebase for Sweetwater.com. You will also help us handle cool, challenging projects such as leveraging big data to personalize the shopping experience, driving behavioral marketing, enhancing site performance, and increasing security. We work as a team to give every customer an amazing experience, through innovative web applications and industry revolutionizing ideas.
Minimum Skills & Requirements
- Must be able to build full-scale web applications in PHP from the ground up
- Experience with relational database design and optimization techniques using MySQL (or similar RDBMS)
- Understanding of web stack concepts such as HTTP, cookies, headers, profiling, and caching
- Understanding of core implementation concepts such as algorithms, data structures, performance, security, and object-oriented programming
- Understanding of modern design patterns such as MVC, IoC, and DI
- A passion for solving problems and attention to detail
- Experience with back-end frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, and Slim
- Familiarity with PHP standard recommendations (PSR)
- Experience with version control systems such as git
- Understanding of Linux/Apache
We love working hard as a team and ending our day with a sense of pride, accomplishment and maybe a snack. Relocation to our headquarters in Fort Wayne is required; as with all positions at Sweetwater, working from home is not an option for this position. Please fill out this online application and also provide your resume and supplemental information. (P.S. We'd love to see your GitHub account!)