Back End Developer (PHP)
This job offer is expired
We are seeking a Backend Developer who enjoys living by the code of their craft and developing solutions for complex problems to join our relatively small team of talented engineers, testers, and analysts.
We are transitioning from traditional private cloud (PHP) to serverless public cloud architecture (NodeJs).
Whitech is a leading software house in the digital imaging industry backed by global entity Fujifilm. Our award-winning omnichannel solution on kiosk, mobile & online is used by some of Australia's largest retailers as well as across Europe and South America.
Our software is built 100% in-house with care for code design and quality.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Requirements gathering, prototyping, architecting and implementing solutions
- Write well-executed code with the use of the latest technologies
- Perform test and code review, deployment in a CI/CD environment
- Maintain documentation and standards
- Mentor other members of the team as required
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders as required
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years commercial experience in web development
- 3+ years experience using PHP and MySQL
- Experience working with at least one MVC framework (Symfony, Laravel, CakePHP etc)
- Experience with Unit testing - ideally PHPUnit
- Experience delivering agile projects
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Well versed with the latest trends and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Nice To Have (but not Required)
- Experience with Node
- Experience with Babel, Gulp
- Experience with NoSql
- Experience developing in an AWS environment
What We Offer
- A friendly team environment
- Pyrmont based office
- Good work life balance
- The opportunity to develop your skills by working with leading-edge technologies
- Drinks and games on Friday
- Sports activities (We love Ultimate Frisbee)
- Competitive salary package
Must possess an Australian Permanent Residency or be an Australian Citizen.