The software architect will be responsible for ensuring and maintain the sound architecture of DOTWConnect platform.
They will evolve the platform using innovative industry tools ensuring that requirements are presented clearly into design documents for software developers to follow.
- To identify appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide guidance and supporting information to the development team to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Create detailed software design specifications.
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Comply with all applicable product development processes.
- Perform detailed software design implementing and/or maintain code according to duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validate it against the system specification.
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
- Ensure software architecture principles are followed
- Dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to platforms, coding, and technical levels.
- Understand and gain a complete understanding of clients’ needs and effectively communicate them to the development team.
- Oversee the development team, manage the full life cycle of the process, monitor research, review codes and supervise any testing.
- Excellent understanding of B2B Travel Industry supporting XML clients.
- Excellent understanding of XML technology
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages including PHP
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop relationships
- Good presentation skills both in person and written
- Excellent customer interface skills-both on the phone and in person
- Ability to diagnose the cause of problems and to provide effective solutions quickly
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in an effective manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player abilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with AWS architecture, applications and services
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Demonstrable experience of producing Technical Design Documents.
- Experience in designing, developing, and integrating RESTful web services and APIs
- Strong OO Analysis & Design
- Experience with Laravel PHP Framework