Lead PHP Developer / Tech Lead who wants to build our team and develop our SaaS
This job offer is expired
Are you a Lead PHP developer wanting to join us in our revolution?
Our software engineers are responsible for all development, testing and delivery of our SaaS products and services.
We are currently looking for an experienced lead full stack PHP developer ideally with AngularJS experience to work for our new start up which is set to transform the visitor attractions industry with our web based SaaS platform. Full funding has been sourced, we currently have a small team a prime city centre offices with a lovely coffee aroma and we just need you to bring our spec and ideas to life and hit the ground running!
You will work closely with the founder and assist with recruiting and growing the team as our vision materialises.
The ideal candidate must show initiative and capable of leading this project and developing from the spec to the finished product. You must be capable of recruiting and nurturing a team of developers and fully versed in our tech stack and able to advise and implement the technical architecture and development environments.
As a lead PHP developer you will be required to use in-depth insight and an expert level of knowledge to develop and test well structured and maintainable code to an agreed spec.
- PHP 7 (Laravel, Symfony)
- AngularJS / React
- Restful API’s
- Automated testing
Attributes – Does this describe you?
- Somebody who wants to work and lead a growing team, pushing the boundaries of what technology can do?
- Self learning
- Driven and self motivated approach to work
- Can do attitude
- Excited about understanding, developing and implementing a complex web platform
If so do you have the required skills and experience?
- Ability to take the lead architecting, developing and testing robust, scalable and secure applications
- An understanding of object oriented and procedural programming
- Strong knowledge of PHP and MVC frameworks (Symfony / Laravel)
- Ability to architect & develop Restful API’s
- Strong understanding of SQL, transactional database design and construction and able to write complex SQL statements
- Experience writing unit tests
- Proficient in the full software development cycle
- Ability to write solid, well designed and efficient PHP code, implement unit tests and have a passion for problem solving
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- A high level of knowledge and understanding in web application security, stability and scaleability
- AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, load balancing & auto scaling)
- Strong management and communication skills and the ability to lead and mentor a team of developers
- Experience working in an agile / XP development environment
- Previous experience working as senior / lead developer
- Generous salary (£50 – 60k depending on experience)
- Friendly, informal working environment
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday and birthdays off
- Spacious modern Liverpool city centre offices, minutes walk from Lime Street rail station, bus hub, shops, museums and restaurants
- No dress code
- Choice of Macbook Pro or similar high spec laptop to connect to 27″ wide screen monitor
- Personal development and learning opportunities including conference trips, professional trainers, online learning course subscriptions and a full bookcase
- Deliveroo Fridays
- Company Perks Scheme – up to 50% off cinema tickets, 10% off high street shops, 5% off supermarkets, 10% off Apple products, 10% off travel & holidays …..