Lead PHP Engineer
This job offer is expired
Small team, big mission, can-do attitude
The Helix Engineering team maintains both the consumer-facing website through which we sell our products, as well as our in-house operations software. Our work is critical to the success of Helix.
The team has a very flat structure, where each developer assumes ownership of the project or feature that they are developing, and works closely with stakeholders in other parts of the company to deliver on their needs.
We use a variety of modern frameworks and technologies including PHP 7.x, Laravel 5.x, MongoDB, React and Angular 2. If you are looking for a diversity in the types of projects and technologies and enjoy taking ownership of solutions, you may be a great fit with for our engineering culture.
We are seeking an ambitious Lead PHP Engineer to join our small Engineering team at Helix and help shape our product, engineering culture, and team. This high-impact role will work closely with the Director of Engineering to provide technical thought leadership for the company, provide solutions to non-technical stakeholders, mentor other team members, as well as write solid, reliable code.
This is an exciting time to join the Helix Engineering Team, as we experience rapid growth and expansion. Our Engineering Team is still quite small and you will play a significant role in shaping our platform.
- Provide technical thought leadership
- Write reliable, modular, testable code
- Mentor junior developers
- Provide thoughtful feedback on code reviews and be willing to receive constructive feedback on your own code
- Communicate clearly and effectively with non-technical stakeholders to help them achieve their goals
- Take ownership of projects/features and fill in gaps in product as needed
Background and Experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of modern PHP 7.0+ development.
- Able to write, debug, and optimize SQL queries
- Experience working with MVC frameworks, such as Laravel, Symfony, and Yii
- Solid understanding of unit testing
- Ability to prioritize coding tasks and ship code quickly and regularly
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor; appreciation of high quality sleep products
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- Experience with the Laravel framework
- Experience working with large volumes of data