Lead full-stack web developer - React / Rails / Laravel
This job offer is expired
We’re looking for an experienced senior full-stack developer with experience in PHP, Ruby on Rails, and React with Redux. Experience in education technology and/or literacy research is a plus but isn’t necessary. This job will involve work in all parts of our platform, from database architecture to user interface design.
We are an education technology company working in early childhood literacy. Our product is supported by 10 years of peer-reviewed research that shows it to be the most effective literacy instruction solution currently available. We are currently in the midst of our first commercial release to nearly 20,000 students across the United States, and we’re growing quickly.
Collaboration will be an important part of this position. Our team is small and we have a very high degree of autonomy in how our team works and how solutions are implemented, so your perspective will always be sought out and considered. The dev team works directly with users and district representatives, so we get to see the direct impact of our work. We also work directly with the researchers behind our product to ensure fidelity to their research.
- Detailed understanding of object-oriented programming concepts such as encapsulation, dependency injection, DRY code, etc.
- PHP up to v7.3
- Experience with coordinating high-level systems architecture and business needs
- Production experience in MVC frameworks, particularly Laravel and Ruby on Rails
- MySQL (other DB experience, such as Redis, MongoDB, etc. is a plus)
- Ubuntu server terminal
- HTML5 / CSS3
- In-depth understanding of version control with git, including resolving merge conflicts, reverting bad commits / merges, branch management, pull requests, etc.
- Amazon web services (EC2, Route 53, elastic beanstalk, cloudfront, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Focus on writing beautiful, clean, readable code
- Writing clear and thorough technical documentation
- Automated testing experience with PHPUnit or other PHP testing libraries
- Real production experience with deployment, server provisioning, etc.
- Experience with education technology and/or literacy research
- Setting up and using VMs with Vagrant
- Atlassian software, particularly BitBucket and Jira
- Basic understanding of statistics
- The ability to read and understand academic research papers
- Generous Health Reimbursement Plan pays up to $6,500/year tax free
- 14 paid holidays + 10 vacation days starting in year 1
- Work with the leading researchers in elementary education
- Flexible work location/work from home