Engineering Manager - Donee Platforms
This job offer is expired
We are Givelify®, where fintech meets philanthropy. We help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world—one simple, joyful gift at a time.
From places of worship to world-changing nonprofit groups, Givelify harnesses the power of technology to bridge the gap between people and the causes they are most committed to supporting.
Beyond apps and interfaces, Givelify is designed to make the experience of giving as beautiful as the act of giving.
We are an ethnically and culturally diverse team of scrappy and professional, passionate people, dedicated to the mission of designing beautiful products that celebrate the joyous act of giving.
As a company we value teamwork, open communication, transparency, and a great work ethic. We support our team by promoting flexibility and encouraging life-long learning and professional development opportunities.
We are intrinsically motivated by remaining true to our company values, setting and exceeding audacious goals, and staying energetic about our team and our products.
What we’re looking for:
Givelify has bootstrapped itself to rapid growth and would like to add an experienced software engineering manager to our engineering team. If you have led a team of passionate software engineers in an agile environment, and relish at the challenge of taking innovation at a high-performing startup to the next level, we would love to talk to you.
We use design, data, and innovation to develop products that inspire and celebrate philanthropy. You will be a key member of our engineering team, developing and executing strategies for the successful development and delivery of our user-obsessed products. You will also help create a positive and inclusive engineering culture.
Our evolving stack:
- Development:PHP (Yii, Simphony, Laravel), Node.js, Angular, Python, Spark CI/CD:Jenkins, Github, Jira, Selenium, PHPUnit
- Lead a team of engineers to build out new features that directly impact the relationship between causes and their supporters. Help create a positive and inclusive engineering culture Manage your team project goals, contribute to product strategy You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle, defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features. You will develop your team including hiring new engineers, mentoring engineers, provide training opportunities and ensuring the engineering excellence of your team.
You Should Have:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience. 10 years of experience in software engineering including experience with web services, solving complex cloud engineering problems. Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also having the capability to provide detailed technical guidance to the team, enabling them to execute more effectively and deliver products. A passion for technology and technical depth to uncover root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them. Demonstrated track record of technical innovation and leading a team of software engineers.
Our Ideal Team Mate:
- An entrepreneurial spirit, hard-working, self-motivated, confident, and gritty. Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers.
- Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity. Build strong teams with others as passionate as you about this mission. Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done. Want to create services at a massive scale used by millions of people. Use data to make decisions.
- Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best. You enjoy mentoring others and be a coach to other members of the team. You try to give back to your community through social or engineering projects