Senior PHP Developer
SMI Aware is hiring an experienced senior developer to work in our Pittsburgh office. You will be responsible for leading all development initiatives to design, specify, and implement new features, as well as work to maintain and improve our existing web app. This is an excellent opportunity for a developer who has a broad range of experience to manage an in-house team, as well as third-party vendors.
Our tech stack:
- Laravel 5.6
- Vue 2
- SCSS (compiled via Webpack)
- MySQL 5.7
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Define and write new features in collaboration with SMI’s leadership team
- Writing tests to support existing features
- Understanding SMI Aware’s core business model, and identifying technical solutions to improve the quality and efficiency of our products.
- Identifying opportunities to improve software performance
- Performing basic server maintenance
- Taking a service-oriented approach to all work and with a fast-paced culture, friendly working environment
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- 3+ years of experience writing PHP—and ideally Laravel.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of object-oriented programming.
- Experience writing tests using PHPUnit, but also integration testing tools like Laravel Dusk or Cypress.io.
- Experience with the basics of build tools like Webpack.
- The ability to reconcile the needs of a growing business with responsible technical decisions.
- The ability to communicate the rationale and processes behind technical decisions to non-technical people within the organization.
- The ability to guide and collaborate with junior developers.
- Ability to manage projects, prioritize activity, and delegate activity to both internal and external resources.
- Familiarity with—or interest in—OSINT tools
- Experience working within existing codebases
- Leadership and/or Management experience
SMI Aware offers Healthcare, Dental & Vision, 15 days PTO per year, six holidays, and free parking. This position is will be located at our office on the Northside of Pittsburgh. US-based applicants will be considered. No recruiters please.Apply now