Our client 9GAG is currently looking for a Web Engineer to join their exciting team!
As a Web Engineer at 9GAG you will help deliver the best web user interaction experience and support internal services admin tools for site operations. You will work side-by-side with product managers and designers. You should be proficient in both backend and frontend programming. You should appreciate the details that make a user experience memorable, and demonstrate enthusiasm for new technologies.
You will have the opportunity to tackle the technical challenges of truly big scale products. The successful candidates must consistently deliver high quality applications, understand the Internet trend, have good communications skills and problem-solving skills. You would enjoy the excitement working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Building 9GAG’s web infrastructure is an enormous challenge. You’ll have to balance the need to move fast today while continuing to build for tomorrow. You understand the trade-offs between different open source technologies and aren’t afraid to build it yourself if needed.
• Build highly scalable and available web sites, APIs and internal tools.
• Design robust code structure to allow fast iteration of minimum viable products.
• Improve frontend and backend performance, carry out A/B testing and help growing widely used products and services.
• Enthusiastic with new technologies and enhance user experience through detail evaluation and implementation.
• Live our values - H2O: Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal, work hard and work smart; Humble to embrace the better ideas of others; Open to welcome differences and possibilities.
• Expertise in at least one modern programming language (PHP7, Python, Node.js, Golang, Ruby etc.).
• Expertise in ES6, Webpack and at least one modern JS framework (React.js, Vue.js etc.).
• Advanced in RDBMS, NoSQL (Cassandra), Message Queue, Caching (Memcached, Redis) and Cloud Computing (AWS, Google Cloud).
• Knowledge in modern MVC/MVVM framework and API design is a must.
• Must be able to work independently.
• You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area and can be good teachers and mentors.
• No haters.
• Contributions to open source projects.
• Active user of 9GAG.
• Experience with Laravel PHP Framework and React.js.