Full-Stack Web Application Developer (Rails or Laravel)
This job offer is expired
We’re looking for a full-stack developer familiar with Laravel and/or Ruby-on-Rails to help our Engineering team deliver our new fintech applications. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to write code that will enhance our online platform, modernize our operations, and make an impact that will be immediately appreciated by our end-users and your colleagues throughout the company.
We expect technical proficiency but what we are really looking for is a developer who recognizes that a successful project extends far beyond the code they write and depends on the people involved and the culture and practices they promote.
Our compensation package includes full medical, dental, and vision benefits.
If you want to impress us with your attention to detail, please review this job description carefully and include the word “ping” in the cover letter you submit with your application.
- Adept at solving problems and making life easier for others both professionally and personally.
- Experienced building web applications with PHP (Laravel) or Ruby (Rails).
- Comfortable at the command line and using Git.
- Well-practiced in writing insightful code comments and helpful documentation.
- Serious about security and quality.
- Sucks at multitasking but excels at organizing, prioritizing, and finishing tasks.
- Passes pre-employment background screen.
- At least a year of day-to-day hands-on professional experience with web applications.
- Eager to collaborate with others and share the charm and benefits of clean well-tested code.
- Appreciates checklists and automation.
- Experienced building gems or libraries.
- Familiar with DevOps: provisioning Linux servers for web applications and automating deployment.
- Knows how to use Google and StackOverflow effectively.
- Respects the Zen of Python and seeks principles that will improve oneself and one’s peers.
- Intellectually curious with an affection for the absurd and an aversion to brogrammer culture.
- Helps define project roadmap, direct technical design, and continually deliver finished features.
- Collaborates harmoniously with others and contributes to success of organization.
- Embraces Agile methodology, clears aggravations, and promotes well-being.
- Writes quality code supporting FormulaFolios websites and enhancing FormulaFolios brand.
- Improves project tests and documentation.
- Serves advisors, investors, and staff across the organization.
- Builds professional knowledge and hones skills.
- Works a regular full-time schedule at our downtown Grand Rapids office.
If you really want to impress us with your attention to detail, also include the word “pong” in your cover letter.
One 30-minute phone or in-person screening:
- 10 minute overview of position and team.
- 20 minutes discussion of candidate interests and qualifications.
- Brief recap on next steps.
One 90-minute in-person interview:
- 40 minutes discussion of requirements and responsibilities
- 45 minutes coding challenge (on a laptop, not a whiteboard)
- 5 minutes answer questions and review next steps