Senior Software Engineer - Sunday Times No.1 London 2018
We are now investing in expanding our engineering function at MVF and you could be the person we are looking for.
We value developers who are enthusiastic and react swiftly. You will contribute code that underpins the business from your very first day. At stand-up you will meet the team, take ownership of your first task and begin to provide your solutions.
You will work together in group code reviews, planning and retrospectives to provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming team tasks.
What you’ll be doing...
- Joining other engineering colleagues in providing input into architectural decisions and be confident in communicating complex ideas and outcomes to peers and managers.
- Identifying, communicating and acting on opportunities for improving systems you are working on, such as our proprietary CRM and serverless integration tools, and processes you are working with.
- Proactively supporting colleagues from the wider business when issues arise and bringing those issue to a swift resolution.
- Working effectively within our Agile environment, providing accurate estimations, and identifying incremental improvements to our processes.
- Delivering, from concept to support, measurable business value through your engineering effort.
- Helping those less senior understand acceptance criteria and communicating with stakeholders to ensure tasks have appropriate goals before work commences.
- Driving features through the full lifecycle from requirement gathering, planning, development, testing, acceptance and delivery.
- Improving our codebase by writing appropriate unit and functional tests to satisfy business acceptance criteria and helping your colleagues test theirs in the same manner.
Do you want to work with the Smartest Tech and the Sharpest Minds?
What we want from you...
- Experience of software development in a variety of contexts, including PHP and MySQL, with Laravel and/or other similar frameworks.
- Commercial astuteness with demonstrable experience of delivering business impact.
- Experience of working in a Lean and Agile team with solid focus on continual improvement.
- Can explore multiple approaches to solving problems, make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs, and effectively communicate them all.
- Actively solicit feedback from others. Eager to find ways to improve.
- Confidence in identifying, sharing and championing engineering best practices.
- You have been a key member of and enjoy working in high-performing teams yet can work independently.
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD approaches, and experience of how they help teams build brilliant solutions.
- Understanding that developers own quality and ensure others know this.
- You want to be part of our amazing MVF culture!
What we’d like from you (or you’re keen to learn)…
- Any experience you have of AWS, Jenkins, Docker and Chef is a plus.
- Experience of mentoring more junior colleagues, including new starters, and leading others to improve their skills.
If you have a true passion for Technology and are driven to learn, develop and become world class through a data centred approach to Development, then please apply.Apply now