Head of Development - join highly disruptive Music Tech Company founding team
We are a start-up that has been working in secrecy for almost three years on revolutionary new technology to disrupt the physical music market. We produce on-demand Vinyl records, CD, merchandise, at no cost to the artist or record label and pay them monthly royalties in to their bank accounts, almost anywhere in the world.
The first production plant will be built in around the London M25 area using our own in-house developed tech and cutting edge digital print and finishing technology for artwork.
We have been in discussions with the big record labels and the results have been overwhelming. We already secured the first round of funding from some industry leaders (one of them working at Spotify).
We built a hardware prototype of our new on-demand Vinyl records technology and demonstrated it already to the record labels. We are now building the actual production hardware, which will be finished in a few weeks.
This is an opportunity to join the founding team of a very advanced project, with top-level people from the industry on board. We will start the A-round in about 1-2 months to secure the funds for full public launch and would like to have a head of development as part of the founding team for this. In return you will receive equity of a possibly very lucrative global business. Once we receive funding we must be able to scale rapidly. Our company will have production and fulfilment centres, plus offices around the world. The developers will be based in central London together with the management.
Our web platform is already at a very advance stage. You would be taking over from the CEO who was the lead for three years.
What you'll do:
- Become a pioneer in the music industry by building a global tech business using cutting edge tools
- Take over from the CEO the built of the leading music stores for on-demand produced Vinyl records, CD's and merchandise, as well as the built of cutting edge release management web platform, including digital distribution
- Build a global payment system for artists and labels with a royalty statement system
- Integrate our platform with leading DSPs like Spotify, Amazon, Deezer and Apple
- Integrate our new global production/fulfilment facilities (production automation and fulfilment) into AWS (largely using NodeJs)
- Hire and build a team of the most talented engineers and designers in the music industry
- Help to build/design the HQ for software engineers in central London
- Build consumer design tools for print on-demand/pdf artwork
- Work with new technology in a highly-collaborative, agile environment
- Report to CEO (maybe later a CTO, with a chance to become the CTO yourself)
- Full stack proficiency. We are currently using Laravel with VueJS
- This is a hands-on role, so you will be actively writing code and carrying out code reviews for the first year
- Minimum of +6 years of senior coding experience in organisations that are professionally organised and run
- Familiar how to organise, motivate and lead teams
- Familiar with design patterns. Experience with miroservices a plus.
- Good at designing for speed and scale. Experience with distributed computing. Familiarity with AWS is a must (EC2, Docker, Lamda, ElastiCache/Redis, RDS, CloudFront, Big Data)
- Agile & results-focused. Ability to work effectively on small, cross-functional teams following agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum)
- Comfortable working in a Continuous Deployment environment with a strong emphasis on unit & functional automated test coverage (Git, Jenkins, Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, etc)
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Familiarity of DDEX (ddex.io) is a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written communication