Senior Fullstack Developer (Woman)
We're helping one of Toronto's most respectable startups "Sampler", hire amazing full-stack developers and we're specifically looking for women! We will be supporting you throughout the entire application process and helping you with relocation and obtaining a visa for you and your family. All this can be done in as fast as 2 weeks!
As a Full Stack Developer (Consumer Growth) on Sampler’s Product Team, you’ll develop elegant code for the continuous optimization and enhancement of our consumer experience to help drive conversions and audience growth.
We're looking specifically for candidates who have worked on products and are stronger on the frontend but are also comfortable handling any backend tasks.
More about you...
The ideal candidate is a strong problem solver excited to tackle complex technical challenges. You love learning new technologies almost as much as you love mastering those you already know. You thrive in environments where the products are innovative, the customers are global, and the stakes are high. You choose to work with startups so you can get your hands dirty.
More about the role...
Reporting to our VP Product, you’ll work on the optimization and enhancement of our consumer experience, used by consumers to find and claim free product samples from global brands, in order to drive conversions and audience growth.
- Collaborate on rapid iterations of the design, development, and deployment cycle to deliver UX enhancements and features
- Write clean, testable code using a test-driven design methodology
- Develop across the stack, but with a focus on the front-end
- Implement A-B testing infrastructure to assess iteration success
What you need
- A startup mentality
- BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3 years experience writing & debugging web application software
- PHP development experience using Laravel or similar framework
- Strong CSS skills
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL queries
- GIT proficiency
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- A firm understanding of best practices for responsive web design in cross-browser environments
Bonus points for experience with:
- RESTful APIs
- A-B testing suites and methodologies
- oAuth, esp Facebook, Google, Snapchat, Instagram
- Digital AdTech, esp Google, Facebook, Snapchat, Salesforce, Adobe
Compensation and Benefits
- Group health benefits
- Employee stock options
- Flexible working hours and work from home days
- Bi-weekly catered lunches with halal, vegan and gluten free options
- A truly amazing espresso machine. Seriously.
- Healthy snacks & refreshments (and some less-healthy ones)
- Dog friendly office
- Weekly onsite yoga classes
- Central location at Adelaide & Spadina, with some of the city’s best lunch spots
- A bright and clean work environment full of friendly faces