Full Stack Engineer to Help People's Voices be Heard and Change the World
This position is open to local and remote candidates located in the United States only.
Phone2Action is a venture-backed software company based in Rosslyn, VA. We build digital engagement tools that organizations use to engage people to participate in public policy campaigns. We envision a world in which anyone, from anywhere, can take action on any issue, from any device. Each year, millions of advocates use our market-leading suite of products to communicate with their elected officials and regulatory agencies. We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer to help take our tech infrastructure to the next level. We want someone who’s experienced and comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment, which means you’ll be given ownership and great responsibility. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this role will focus on systems development, building, and maintenance. This position is open to local and remote candidates located in the United States only.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A problem solver
- Highly organized and able to keep on task
- Comfortable with complex but unstructured problems, a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment and self-motivated
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Integrate existing and future systems through robust, scalable technology solutions.
- Identify existing non-scalable solutions and help devise a plan/roadmap to help them scale.
- Support ongoing system maintenance, tool consolidation, & upgrades.
- Analyze information in the systems to proactively suggest or develop solutions to issues.
- Participate in code review sessions with team members.
- Located in the United States
- 4+ years of programming experience with PHP object-oriented frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, or CodeIgniter.
- 3+ years of experience with Database and SQL.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Strong background with the Laravel PHP framework.
- Experience with modern front-end development such as VueJS and Sass.
- Strong Unit Testing experience.
- Strong competency in web services such as SOAP, REST, and JSON.
- Experience working in high-growth, fast speed environments.
- Systems Architecture and platform design experience.
- Interest in civic technology, politics, civic engagement
Some of our benefits include:
- PPO Health, dental and vision plan
- 17 days paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- 1 day paid time off for public service (volunteering for a local non-profit, working on a campaign, doing a service-trip in another country, etc.)
- Up to 8 additional days off for meeting performance goals
- Lyft for Work
- Up to 6-12 weeks parental leave, plus up to an additional 3 weeks of remote work
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- State of the art office space full of amenities
- Fully stocked kitchen, unlimited coffee and selected snacks
- Smart-casual dress code
- Endless company outings, happy hours, and more
- Executive coaching and performance management for personal and professional growth
- Constant opportunities to meet leaders in government and technology and advance your career
Phone2Action is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply now