Senior Backend Developer (PHP)
AMBOSS - a company built by doctors for doctors with the mission of improving global healthcare. After our success in DACH, we launched our international learning platform in 2017. Joining AMBOSS as Senior Backend Developer (f/m/x) means you will play a key role in creating a product that has the potential to improve medical care for millions of people.
At the moment we are further expanding our products and services across the healthcare industry. As Senior Backend Developer (f/m/x) at AMBOSS, you will get the freedom to work on a wide range of topics and the opportunity to make architectural (design) decisions.
- Working in an agile team with other developers and a product owner on our main product – the online educational platform for medical students.
- Assist in the migration to microservices with Python and Go
- Further expansion and maintenance of our API based on GraphQL
- Refining implementation in rounds of code review, quality assurance, and PO acceptance.
- Being proactive and driving the tasks you are working on.
- Covering your code with unit/functional/end-to-end tests.
- Architecture and API design decisions working on a cross-functional team.
- Monitoring during operation (using tools such as Kibana, Cloudwatch, New Relic) for analysis and optimization.
- Collaboration with our support team in escalation cases (troubleshooting or usability optimization).
AMBOSS believes in Quality and we are continuously looking for ways to further improve our backend. Are you the Backend Developer that wants to maintain an ever-expanding cloud-based product where you have the freedom to develop your ideas and make an impact in the global world of Healthcare?
We are looking for someone with:
- An expert understanding of PHP with proficiency in Python & Go to develop applications and microservices
- Experience with modern frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Zend, etc. we are framework agnostic
- Deep understanding of building maintainable & scalable code
- Ability to hold your ground in architectural discussions that are focused on implementing best practices
- Great SQL knowledge and expert skills in database query optimization
- Routine in working with development tools like Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, XDebug, etc.
- Mastery over the English language, you can freely discuss your ideas in an agile work environment
Desired (but not required):
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior Engineers & Developers
- Project management experience where you have managed projects with a cross-functional team of engineers, developers, designers & scientists
- Fun with statistical analysis, testing automation, penetration testing, and/or experience with technologies like GraphQL, Redis, MongoDB.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime & home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness & wellness program with sponsored gym membership & yoga classes.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team bonding events every month, the game night & the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks & coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- We care about the environment too: enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a free monthly train pass or free bicycle.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Apply today we are looking forward to receiving your information.Apply now